- Executive Director of the Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF)
- Con to the question "Is Obesity a Disease?"
“The pharmaceutical and weight loss industry have manufactured an ‘epidemic’ to have the cost of their weight loss drugs and treatments underwritten by taxpayers… Obesity is not a ‘disease’ if it can be cured by taking regular walks and eating less… We need to be careful not to dumb down the definition of the term disease at the expense of taxpayers.”
“Obesity Is Not a Disease,” consumerfreedom.com, July 16, 2004
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Executive Director, Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF)
- President, Berman and Company, 1986-present
- Executive Director, Employment Policies Institute (EPI)
- Executive Director, American Beverage Institute (ABI)
- Executive Director, Center for Union Facts (CUF)
- Executive Vice President of Public Affairs, Pillsbury Restaurant Group, 1984-1986
- Human Resources and Public Affairs Senior Vice President, Steak and Ale, 1975-1984
- Labor Law Director, US Chamber of Commerce, 1972-1974
- Corporate Law Attorney, Dana Corporation, 1969-1972
- Labor Law Attorney, Bethlehem Steel Corporation, 1967-1969
- JD, William and Mary School of Law, 1967
- Contact Info:
- According to the Apr. 8, 2007 CBS 60 Minutes segment “Meet Dr. Evil” provided on the Berman and Company website, Richard Berman is known as “Dr. Evil” in mainstream media, and he lobbies against Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), animal rights activists, food watchdog groups, and unions, among others.
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Is Obesity a Disease?