- Editor of NaturalNews.com
- Con to the question "Is Obesity a Disease?"
“Is obesity really a disease?… I argue that it’s not a disease at all but rather the natural result of a person making extremely poor decisions about food choice and physical exercise. It’s something that can be entirely reversed in virtually 100% of the cases by changing these two simple things. As a result, it rests firmly under the control of the patient, especially if they are educated about healthy nutrition and how to make intelligent choices about what foods and groceries they consume.
To call obesity a disease is a ‘dumbing down’ of the very idea of what a disease is. And unfortunately, it implies that the patient is helpless to do anything about it.”
“Medicare Declares Obesity to Be a Disease, Stripping Away Patient Responsibility and Power,” NaturalNews.com, July 18, 2004
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder and Editor, NaturalNews.com
- Health ranger, healthranger.org
- Founder, Consumer Wellness Center
- Founder, Better Life Goods
- Founder, Truth Publishing
- None found
- Contact Info:
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Is Obesity a Disease?