Top Pro & Con Arguments
Obesity is the result of sedentary lifestyles.
Compared to 40 years ago, people today spend more time commuting, sitting in front of a computer, watching television, playing video games, and generally exercising less.  In 1960 50% of jobs required moderate physical activity compared to just 20% of jobs in 2011; the other 80% in 2011 required little or no physical activity.  This shift represents 120-140 fewer calories burned per day, which closely aligns with the nation’s overall weight gain trends.  Men expended 142 fewer calories daily and weighed 32.8 pounds more in 2003-2006 than in 1960-1962, while women expended 124 fewer calories daily and weighed 25.13 pounds more in 2003-2006 than in 1960-1962. Read More